Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
06 Wrangler Golden Eagle 馃 Auto 4.0 L
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So got my Jeep back last week and it is still doing the LIMP mode (hard downshift and sticking in 2nd) after a $1,908 rebuild. Took it back and it is still pulling the Transmission Controller Fault code P0700. TransMasters said I need a new PCM for $500. I found one on Autozone for $388 but it needs further programming or a flash.

That is the only code, all the internal transmission codes are cleared after the repair.

However, they have been sleezy and I don't think replacing the PCM will fix the issue. Either do my mechanic and Jeep friends. It definitely seems to be electrical but they replaced all the electrical including the solenoids but everything else on my Jeep works fine.

Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?

What if I update my current PCM with a flash? The rest of my jeep is working perfectly fine and obviously the PCM which is the computer controls everything.

Thanks guys!

Registered
We had roughly the same issue. Tranny rebuild on an 04. One issue was that the ECU and TCU weren't speaking due to a shorted wire. Replaced, good connectivity, but now its starting again. Several months later. We needed to replace the TCU. Have two separate pieces since its an 04.

Registered
New One here

I had similar problems with my tranny, pulled TCM out, sent to be rebuilt but main CPU was toast. I found 1 in the us that would work for $1,275.00 with all new updated programming and now having no more problems. Good luck.
My tj is an 05 Wrangler X with 4.0 and 42RLE tranny. 127,675 miles.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
UPDATE*** after putting in 3 new PCM鈥檚 and still no luck I had given up and was going to sell the Golden Eagle. Someone replied to my listing and referred a mechanic and assured me this guy could fix it. I figured with my stimulus it couldn鈥檛 hurt to give it one last go and spend up to $1,000 more on it after dumping about $3,500 in 2017. Couldn鈥檛 register it and had to move to a new location without a garage so had no where to store it non-op status.

Turns out he replaced a circuit near the speed output censor and bam! All gears, shifting like normal, no check engine light. Back in business!! I couldn鈥檛 believe it and honestly never thought I鈥檇 be able to drive my Jeep again.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What circuit and where exactly?
Wish I knew. Mechanic was Mexican and doesn鈥檛 speak much English so all he could tell me is he replaced a circuit near the Speed Output censor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.