Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/metra-two-channel-line-output-converter-black/1265702.p?skuId=1265702

2017 JK wrangler. The above link is what kind of converter i have. I am wanting to install 2 sub woofers and an amp all while still using my stock head unit.My problem is i cant seem to find a diagram that matches what wires i want to tie into. I would like to tie into the wires that are going up the passenger side door,to the rear speakers. seems like an easy spot to do so. I need to figure out the + and - of each rear speaker .I have attached a pic of what i believe are the speaker wires i need but no sure which is which. I cant seem to find a diagram matching my wires. BTW, this pic is of the wires coming up the passenger side up to the soundbar.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Just did a tap in myself. Here they are:

Left Rear Speaker (+): Gray/Light Green
Left Rear Speaker (-): Gray/Dark Green
Right Rear Speaker (+): Dark Green/Light Green
Right Rear Speaker (-): Dark Green/Grey

I would not recommend tapping power or ground from any harness. Power should go direct to battery (fused as close to the battery as you can get and definitely on the engine side of the firewall) or "add a fuse" in the fuse box. Grounds should tie into a chassis ground directly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts