Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm re-coating my Poison Spyder bumper. I'm torn between Line-X and powder coat. I've not had any real experience with either, so I'm looking for some advice from people who are familiar with both of these systems as to which is going to be tougher and hold up better. I really hate rust...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Any kind of line-x, Rhino liner, Herculiner - you can always touch up and for the most part spray yourself. Powder Coat while is good for protection - can still chip if you ding something the wrong way.
If you want to see what a liner 'could' look like before making the commitment - Try plasti-dip. While you won't get as textured a look from the liner - it'll give you a close idea of what it'll look like - and be removable if you don't like it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm re-coating my Poison Spyder bumper. I'm torn between Line-X and powder coat. I've not had any real experience with either, so I'm looking for some advice from people who are familiar with both of these systems as to which is going to be tougher and hold up better. I really hate rust...
I'm not sure with actual line-X but I am very familiar with Rhino liner, and it fades in the sun, very fast. I am not sure how line-X holds up in the sun. Everything I have that is powder coated has already seemed to chip within a year or so of having it.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I got a rough quote to line-x my front and rear bumpers and sliders and the guy said $1300. Quote for powercoating, $400. I chose powdercoat. I would have liked the line-x, but not at three times the cost.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Friend of mine owns a truck/jeep accessories store and they use Super Liner. He owns a jeep and Super Lined the entire Jeep. Looks real good and Super Liner has a life time guarantee.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts