Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got it this morning, sitting on the trailer outside my office right now. I stripped everything from the firewall to the tailgate and pulled all the floor plugs, and the local Line-X guy sprayed the entire interior for me, including an area of "over the rail" around the door openings so they'd work as entry guards. $500 for the whole thing - less than an 8' bed in a pickup, despite all the extra corners and nooks and crannies. Looks awesome. I'll get pics when I get home for anyone who's interested. I figure it's cheap insurance against the rust monster, and it beats the hell out of moldy carpets in the summer!

I have yet to drive it (pulled it on the trailer sitting on a milk crate - talk about UGLY clutch work, LOL) but I'll report on the quietness (or lack thereof) once she's all reassembled.

·
Registered
44 Posts
yea please show us some pics when u get a chance. im thinking about doing the same things this summer. any details on how u like/dislike it after u try it out will be appreciated.

·
Registered
187 Posts
only thing I dont like is its not easy to keep clean alot of ebow grease and a brush. I have heard if you armorall it its better.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
uh...I'm sorry - "clean"? LOL! This is not a housekeeping move, strictly for rust fighting and durability :)

I got it all assembled (no extra nuts and bolts, either!) yesterday. While it was apart I also ordered a new top from Quadratec - I got the Outland cab top with windjammer and tonno combo for $150, it's awesome. I never use the back seat anyway - this isn't a primary vehicle, it's just a toy - so sectioning off the 'trunk' makes a big difference in noise level and I'm assuming will let it heat the cab faster since the cab volume was cut in about 1/3. Driving down the road yesterday the wind gusts were much less noticable and even with the floor plugs still out it was nearly - dare I say it - carlike quiet inside. Granted, that was 2 variables changed at once (floor and top), but the combination of the two makes all the difference in the world.

Here's pics:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I was honestly expecting that to look halfway between butt-ugly and "ewwwwww" and it actually looks mighty fine.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I agree that looks awesome congrats, hope you enjoy it!:D

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Looks great. You know though out here they frown on us sitting on milk crates while we drive?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yah, I only had the milk crate in there for on-trailer and off-trailer. And to keep the Line-X'ers from going mudding while they had it, LOL. And just curious, Nuthin - which part did you expect to be ugly, the coating or the top? I know the top is different, but again - I never have a back seat passenger, there's an amp and sub I want to keep hidden back there (the tonno is seperate from everything else and will stay put even in "topless" weather, and the back window has a top material section that goes from the tonno down to the floor, effectively making a cloth trunk that nobody can see into), and the cabin size for heating is hugely reduced. Only drawback is, the Jeep was originally equipped with a black top, hence the black rollbar pads. Wish I had the money for a pair of black upper doors, too...I would have gotten black everything. <shrug> I bought the Jeep cheap; I beat on it; I just want to have fun without a ton of $ being spent. And the upper doors are in VGC, so I couldn't see spending the $ just to swap colors; especially since I still have the full gray soft top.

Oh, and anyone want a complete (front and back) gray carpet set? Needs shampooed, but no holes and it even comes with matching "Jeep" floormats for the front!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I expected the Line-X to look ugly since paint, top and coating are rather monochrome. It looks a lot, er, "livelier" than I expected.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yeah man, it looks great. I am thinking of doing that to mine. Maybe next year though. Have to save some more money...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts