Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my JKU last year, it had a hard top. When I finally got around to removing it, I noticed the previous owner must have dropped the corner onto the rails because the paint was chipped up and starting to rust.

I ended up with a $100 Line X gift certificate from a club member so I decided to Line X the rails. I'm running a Trektop NX...Do you think the Line X will wear down the inner soft top windows where it hooks to the fender rails?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Dude same thing here. Was gonna get some touch up. Interesting idea with the bed liner.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
firemedic3 said:
I had my tub lined on my old JK and had them do the top of the rails. After a year I so no difference or damage to the soft top where they met.
That's what I'm thinking (hoping) too. If it does end up wearing out the windows over time, I'll just replace em. I just want the added protection and repainting will be more costly.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got a chance to take it down to Line-X and have the rails done. Another guy in my Jeep club had a $100 gift certificate that he didn't need. Here's the finished product:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts