Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put Linex on their stock bumpers if so do you have pics and how much you paid? I have a 2014 Black JKU. Thanks

·
Registered
403 Posts
I was quoted 150 to Linex my Sahara side steps, but I might have been able to negotiate a few bucks off. Decided against it because the side armor I chose was 300 bucks. Weight the cost to Linex vs what you might want in the future.

·
Registered
644 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Dammit!

For some reason I read the original thread inquiry as FENDER FLARE-related.

Now that I see it's BUMPER related, feel free to ignore my input.

Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dammit!

For some reason I read the original thread inquiry as FENDER FLARE-related.

Now that I see it's BUMPER related, feel free to ignore my input.

Sorry for the confusion.
No worries, the pics of the flares gave me an idea what the bumper would look like and putting linex on the flares seems like a good way to fix faded flares.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was just quoted 600-650 to linex both bumpers and that is with me removing them myself. Is that crazy? I could get a brand new ace front for that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was just quoted 600-650 to linex both bumpers and that is with me removing them myself. Is that crazy? I could get a brand new ace front for that.
I've pretty much Line-X my whole darn jeep. Only part that hasn't been touched with the amazing product is the pain. Be sure to go with premium as it has a better appearance and won't fade as much.

Attachments

·
Registered
891 Posts
that's out of line. In Atlanta i got a grill line-x with premium for $95 and he quoted me $250 for front and back bumper with premium- if I removed them both.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That price you were quoted is insane. I was charged $350 for front and back bumpers and I did not have to remove or re-install myself

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I called another Linex shop in OKC and they quoted 200-250 and that was both bumpers and the air damn. I am still laughing at the first shop. Stay away from the Linex on I-40 and MacArthur in Oklahoma City.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Why would you plastic coat (Linex) a plastic bumper? All you may do is change color and texture. There is no extra strength benefit. Linex a steel bumper I can see to protect from the elements..

·
Registered
644 Posts
Why would you plastic coat (Linex) a plastic bumper? ...
1. Looks cool
2. Won't fade to gray
3. Distinguishes your vehicle from others

·
Registered
38 Posts
Upol raptor liner can be found for $120 tyd. It's a 2 part component urethane bedliner that comes with the spay gun and enough materials for ~110sqft of coverage. With proper prep, the first application especially, you can get close to professional results. No fancy compressor is needed but I've found 40 psi about right for smooth coverage.

See below, first application was 7+ years ago, and while my XJ has rusted from underneath the coating endures very well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts