Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Portlander here, well Beaverton(ian?). Just got my brand new Rubicon last week and I was hoping to get a list of cool places I can take the Jeep. Only catch is I don't want to do any rock crawling or get crazy muddy. Played with mud in my younger days and had a blast. Covered every inch of my Jeep, inside the doors and mud was caked everywhere under the hood. But, the cleanup and wear on the paint wasn't worth it and I regretted doing it.

I would love to be able to find a camping spot where maybe only jeeps (or other 4x4) could get too? I'm tired of all the over crowded state or county parks. Maybe some light trails? Just don't want to risk any body damage on my $43K Jeep. Also, what parts of the northern beaches can I drive on?

Basically, I'd like to show my wife that it was worth it (in her eyes) to buy a $40k Wrangler. :D I keep getting the "You could've bought a new BMW or Audi" talk. I just keep telling her I love Jeeps (owned a TJ and Cherokee)! I'm sure when the top and doors come off, it will help. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bench lake/Bird lake area on MT Adams above Trout Lake. It is on Tract "D" Yakama nation reservation. You will have to get a day pass from the attending Yakama nation ranger when on site.

Rough road getting in but a great camping and fishing lake with LARGE planted trout!

Likely still snowed in right now tho!

Ken

1 - 3 of 3 Posts