Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and found nothing....

2011 sport auto bought with 70,051 miles. Now has 70,600

I didn't hear this sound on the test drives. Most likely due to excitement..lol. But the brakes did and does have a squeal on mild break pressuring. The owner before me, said the break pads are brand new and showed me the receipt.

It sounds like the brake pads are rubbing lightly. But before I bought the JK I had it checked over at a jeep dealer. It passed with minor re-markers. (Wipers, alignment & fog lamp). They recommended putting some miles on them and see if it stops.

At idle it doesn't do it. When I hit about 20 MPH that when I hear it. I only hear it when I'm driving next to buildings or if I no traffic near me and I lean my head to the rear.

I've checked all the fluids and all are good. I did not lube anything (Could be it)

Any suggestions or ideas?

This weekend I'll be stopping in a local Jeep custom shop recommended wheel alignment shop for the alignment and brake noise. At that time hopefully we can test drive and hear for the whining.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
go for a spirited drive (gun it) then come back. Stop and get out, touch your rims. If they are hot to touch ( or feels warmer then the others), you have a stuck, seized caliper.

It could be also a wheel bearing....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts