Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We needed some new tires for the replacement of the old rubber on this newly acquired project. Went with General Grabbers AT 265/70/15". Discount tire set air pressure to 35lbs. and since been lower to 30lbs. DT did a fast service and happy with the results. few days ago I had replaced a worn out steering stabilizer with a Old Man emu stabilizer and made a world of difference, so to celebrate all this I have ordered front and rear shocks from Old Man emu.
Told my 24 yr. old son, just makes me smile when I drive this thing around the neighborhood.

Attachments

Reactions: Batjac

·
Registered
123 Posts
side view man with no cover please

one more pic to compare wife's daily driver
Hey man I like the front but it looks like you have different roll bars than my family style and I'd like to see what it looks like in case I wanna copy ya. I also have a Q about sandblasting vs bead blasting, any info on that or know who on here to ask?

·
Super Moderator
12,714 Posts
If you are going to paint sheet metal, then you want the panel media blasted (it might be called bead blasting in your area). Sand blasting leaves the area too rough to be easily painted and come out smooth. Media blasting doesn't remove rust, but sandblasting removes the rusted area and often leaves a hole. Plus, sandblasting creates heat and can easily warp flat sheet metal.

What do you plan on painting?

Good luck, L.M.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
They are the kid crusher style roll bars...any yj before 91 will have them..in 91 the law was passed where manufacturers had to have shoulder harness for all seats...kid crushers only had lap belts...it's basically like the CJ with the horizontal windshield supports..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts