Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my rockers are the only spots with rust on the old 87. So my friend tom came over and we patched it up. Cut out all the bad rust and crap then I welded some new steel in there and filled it in with body filler. Come out good and now all I gotta do is paint it up! Im gonna pick up the paint in the next few days here and spray it up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,909 Posts
man, thats what im getting ready to do also, just pulled my fender flares front and back, i found some hidden rust under my rear flare,s....

--i want to do some custom rockers---i like to play with metal--lol and im not sure if i will put my old flares back on even though there in great condition..and i really like watching my 33s -lol,,,

glad you got yours taken care of.

have you got any pics...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well id love to take pics and show you but my Camra wont take pics! When I did my patches I left the flairs on.

I love watching my 33s go round to lol. Im in the market for some new ones tho. Not sure what im gonna.get yet. Im looking at a set of bf Goodrich ones. Like 200 a pice. Just a standard all terrain tire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just sprayed primer on the spots that needed to be done. Starting to look really nice. Also got an oil change done today to! So now it's time to get the paint for it and spray it! Can't wate to get it done!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,939 Posts
Well id love to take pics and show you but my Camra wont take pics! When I did my patches I left the flairs on.

I love watching my 33s go round to lol. Im in the market for some new ones tho. Not sure what im gonna.get yet. Im looking at a set of bf Goodrich ones. Like 200 a pice. Just a standard all terrain tire.
I have a set of those on one of mine and love them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
harleydragon said:
I have a set of those on one of mine and love them
Are you talking about the tires? What model are they? All I remember is the ones that I was looking at where bf Goodrich for about 200 a pice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,939 Posts
Are you talking about the tires? What model are they? All I remember is the ones that I was looking at where bf Goodrich for about 200 a pice
yes,the tires..I just looked at them and I am guessing that the 108R on it is the model..it also has a KO on it if that helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
harleydragon said:
yes,the tires..I just looked at them and I am guessing that the 108R on it is the model..it also has a KO on it if that helps.
Hmm im not sure. Ill have to look again and see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cakes567 said:
Hmm im not sure. Ill have to look again and see.
Yup thoes are the ones! How many miles do you have on them and what types of off roading conditions have the gone threw? Good in the snow?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,939 Posts
I have not had them long enough to see what mileage they get but all the reviews I have read on here were really good.I have read some that said 70 -75,000.I don't do any heavy offroading.Dirt roads and through the fields on our farm is my biggest offroading.They do ride smooth, handle good and are quiet on the street.I have no snow to deal with here in south Georgia but they do good in the rain
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
harleydragon said:
I have not had them long enough to see what mileage they get but all the reviews I have read on here were really good.I have read some that said 70 -75,000.I don't do any heavy offroading.Dirt roads and through the fields on our farm is my biggest offroading.They do ride smooth, handle good and are quiet on the street.I have no snow to deal with here in south Georgia but they do good in the rain
Ok cool. Thanks for the info ill have to look into them some more. Tire rack has a 100 doller rebate on them. It turned out to be like 640 bucks after the rebate + 150 for shipping so im gonna shop around and see what I can find.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top