Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeep wave from Va. Beach! I am 49 and finally got my first Jeep. I have a 2007 two door X model. I have exchanged the stock 16's out for a set of Sahara 17's, i changed the logo stickers, have bought a Barricade rack and a carbon look grill. I heard a rumor and I like to see if anyone knows the truth. I want to lift the Jeep just enough for 33's (I do alot of driving) and I had heard if I change my stock springs out for a set of Rubicon springs it will lift my Jeep up a little over an inch. I look forward to hearing from anyone that has done this or heard from someone that did. Seeing how stock springs are a dime a dozen. Keep Jeeping and thanks for reading. OIIIIIIIO

·
Registered
268 Posts
Certain OEM springs are a dime a dozen but the ones with higher spring rate aren't , be sure you get the higher spring number (don't remember the range of the numbers)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
OP - Yes, in some cases but it all depends on where you start from as to where you end up. Springs from a JKUR (4dr) that I put on a JKWW (2dr) gave me 7/8" in front and 1-1/8" in the back. Admittedly I have a stubby steel bumper with a M8000 winch, so there is probably a small amount of sag compared to a stock bumper. Look for 18 or 19's for the front and 59 or 60's for the rear when you look at a set of springs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info. I have ordered a TF level kit and should be here this week. Still gonna keep a look out for that certain set on JKUR springs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts