Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really starting to look for a small lift for my jeep, I just want 2 in. to answer your comments yes i will get a bigger lift when i get a newer jeep. but i think i want new coil springs but they seem to be to expensive, are coil spacers a decent alternitive or would i be best to get the coil springs. I think either way i will need shocks, so there too is it best to get a combo or get each part seperately and what are good, durable brands, i want to the this the inexpensive way but still with good parts. What is yall's opions?
thanks for answers

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
A 2" coil spacer lift with shocks will run @$200ish depending who makes it, what kind of shocks etc. Most spacers are about the same, some form of heavy rubber/polyomer etc. Now if you could also find a kit that replaced the coils for about the same price I would go that way. reason: our going to be doing the same amount of work, and most likey your stock coils have lost a bit over the past 10 years.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
if you have a 97 definitely get new coils. you'll make up for a lot of sag. if you do indeed have sag then you can actually gain 3" from a 2" coil lift. of course that extra inch is just making up the sag with the new coils and it wouldn't sit higher than mine with 2" coil lift but it will sit higher than a BB.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can get the 2" coil lift from Rusty's for about $310

Rybo

·
Registered
102 Posts
something else to consider is how much weight you've picked up. I had a 2" budget lift at first then went wild with winches, bumpers, armor, etc. My stock springs just couldn't hold it, even though I was up 2" higher. Every bump I hit banged on my control arms.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
You can get the 2" coil lift from Rusty's for about $310

Rybo
I'd recommend going with the bds 2" coil kit instead of rusty's b/c after you add in shipping, the rusty's kit is only a/b $20 cheaper than the bds kit and BDS has a LIFETIME, NO-QUESTIONS ASKED warranty on all their stuff as long as you are the original owner, and rusty's doesn't. That was worth spending the extra $20 to me.

also if you think you might want to go higher in the near future I'd recommend doing a 2" coil spacer lift. You wont get as much lift since your stock springs have sagged but you wont lose as much money when you get a different lift.
I did the 2" lift coils knowing that I was going to lift it more later on and now im kicking myself b/c a BB spacer lift would've suited me fine for the "short" time this lift is going to be on my jeep

1 - 6 of 6 Posts