Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the weather was warm this weekend I decided to do something to my jeep. Used a sawzall and cut off those stupid "milk jugs" and took off the factory side steps. What a difference doing that made to it. I know it isn't some big mod but it put a big smile on my face!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
All I did was put decals on my new shocks with the rough country 3.75" lift I just got and slapped the decals on so people know what vehicle to turn to in case of a zombie apocalypse!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, it def does! And it makes me want to do more stuff to it. Eventually I will lift it nothing major maybe just a bb to fit 31's. Ill have pics up soon

·
Registered
785 Posts
Pics???!!

Did the same things a couple weeks ago. Very happy i did. Looks 100x better just with that stuff gone
i made a custom overhead storage bin, ammo cans on both sides, front and rear bumpers. you got pics of the stuff removed...:popcorn:

·
Registered
453 Posts
The lift is hopefully gettin put on by Friday depending on work schedule
Let me know and post about the lift, im thinking about that one but then i think another 120 bucks and i could have the 4 inch suspension from rc. im stuck between the two, id like to know about the installation and the ride when youre done plz :thumb:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yeah I'll put pics up as soon I get the chance I've heard mixed reviews about rc but we'll see. Anybody on here had any experience with treadwright tires?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tried taking bolts off with torx but all it did was spin, so we cut them off and then pried the bolts off with screwdriver. Not gonna use the milk jugs for anything g anyway and the rear pass side was dented from previous owner.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
You did step one with the milk jugs, step two is chopping the bumper :D

I finally centered my steering wheel, removed my rear bumper, and polished my aluminum gas tank skid.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No problems Patrick, ya it def looks like a diff jeep. I was thinking about cutting bumper some see how it would look. Next is to sand bumpers down and paint them. Any ideas on what grit sand paper to use and paint? Fender flares are also next to get painted. It's the little things for now to make it look better.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Svt1333 said:
No problems Patrick, ya it def looks like a diff jeep. I was thinking about cutting bumper some see how it would look. Next is to sand bumpers down and paint them. Any ideas on what grit sand paper to use and paint? Fender flares are also next to get painted. It's the little things for now to make it look better.
Rustoleum bedliner.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Has anybody tried this on the floorpans? I just laid down some spray in bedliner and I'm kinda disappointed and thinkin about goin with roll on bedliner to get some texture.
IMO, it doesn't go on thick enough to really count as a true bedliner. It does do wonders to bumpers, flares, doorhandles, etc though.

·
Registered
179 Posts
IMO, it doesn't go on thick enough to really count as a true bedliner. It does do wonders to bumpers, flares, doorhandles, etc though.
Yeah that's why I was a little disappointed but at least it's not gonna just hold water like the factory carpet I'll go with the roll on and see what happens.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts