Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2.5L TBI 5 spd. After reading alot of the posts I started my first "do it yourself" project.Temp. gauge wasn't working, found one at napa, it looked a little different but I put it in, the one at the rear of the engine by the firewall, I dont have the one in the front.I put it in and checked for leaks, none to be found.Looked to see if anything was registering on the gauge ,nothing moving. I read on one of the threads, give it a tap, I did and it worked:). Problem, when I tapped the temp gauge, the fuel gauge went out.More reading posts, I took the gauge cluster out.I've seen better engineering on my grandkids toys!!! It looks like security tape only smaller on a piece of plastic.It was so brittle I didn't dare remove anything to clean it, one of the posts I read, mentioned using a pencil eraser, so I gently moved it and its working again.The only thing that isn't working is the clock(about 1/8" of tape is missing.Whats that saying:"Know when to quit" I did just that.I'm not only a novice at mechanics, but this social media as well.When I figure out how to get my pictures from camera to laptop and then to forum site I will post em.Thank all of you who share your knowledge and experience to help a newbee get in on the fun of DIY and not just paying to have it done.:thumb:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts