Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm looking to get a JKS 1.25" BL and I've been told with the extra wheelbase on the LJ you can install this w/o using the TC adjustment bracket or installing a MML. Any LJ owners able to speak to this? True or not? If I need to get the MMl, I just want to order everything at once.
Thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
A body lift does not affect the geometry of your driveline. The only thing it would change is the linkage for your t-case which some need to adjust, some need to install the drop bracket. The only time the LJ's wheelbase would come into play would be in regards to a suspension lift where you are changing the height of the transfer case in relation to the rear axle. Longer driveshafts are more forgiving when it comes to rapid acceleration and deceleration issues at the u-joints caused by the sharper angles lifts can create.

A MML is used to remove transfer case drop kits on mild suspension lifts to restore stock driveline angles at the t-case and rear pinion. You may have been told to install one with your BL because the fan of the engine will interfere with the fan shroud since the shroud is mounted to the body and the engine to the frame.

·
Super Moderator
6,663 Posts
your TC shifter linkage pivots off the body and back down to the frame mounted TC. you are moving the body up 1.25", the bracket moves the pivot point down accordingly to compensate.

yes, while doing a bl, you need the TC linkage bracket or novak shifter cable, otherwise you will have issues shifting into 4lo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts