Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda new to all this, but out of curiosity, what would you keep an eye out for with regards to a used axle like this? Besides the obvious bumps/scrapes.

04 05 06 Jeep Wrangler LJ Unlimited Rear Axle End Assembly 3 73 Dana 44 50K Disc | eBay

Not in a position to buy, and figured I'd let you guys look ;) - given it's from a wrecked LJ, is the price in the general ballpark? Again, can't afford that right now so feel free to jump on it. Just my little freebie for the day :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
The sucky part about that buy is, it was in crash so u have no idea how the gears look. If u actually wanted to buy it u would wanted to take if the cap and look at the gears. Lets be honest the dana 44 is 5000$ and they are selling it for 1200$ it's the classic case of getting suckered. Not sure if u would but u never know at that price. I would look at the gears and shaft. If its snapped u just paid for some medal. Hope that helps

·
Registered
141 Posts
lapis_blue said:
The sucky part about that buy is, it was in crash so u have no idea how the gears look. If u actually wanted to buy it u would wanted to take if the cap and look at the gears. Lets be honest the dana 44 is 5000$ and they are selling it for 1200$ it's the classic case of getting suckered. Not sure if u would but u never know at that price. I would look at the gears and shaft. If its snapped u just paid for some medal. Hope that helps
If you will pay $5000 for a LJ D44, I'll sell you mine today. LOL

·
Registered
87 Posts
Remember, you can buy a brand new and stronger G2 D44 axle outfitted with the gears of your choice, chromoly axle shafts and an ARB for under $3000. With that in mind, $1200 for a stock d44 out of a salvaged vehicle seems a bit steep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts