Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 stock LJ. Looking to add a 2.5 inch lift and level out front and rear. I understand that OME springs and Rancho shocks are the ideal. What part numbers am I looking for? Both shocks and springs front and rear.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The best thing I ever did was call Dirk at DPG Offroad. He takes the time to get exactly what you need. There are a few options of OME springs/shocks depending on the type of ride you want and how much weight you carry. I did my 04 LJ about 5 years ago, with OME 2941 springs in the rear (soft top) and 2933 in front (I have a winch). Love the soft ride. If you have a hard top you may want 2942 or even 2949 in the rear for the added weight. I got DPG's "Ultimate" kit that includes everything needed. HOME - DPG OFF-ROAD

·
Registered
814 Posts
Springs, just look for 2"-3.5" TJ/LJ springs. Like the following...
RK03100 RK02001
RK05516 RK00215
RS6416B RS6417B
Metalcloak 7060 Metalcloak 7061

To match the shocks to the spring height you have to pay attention to the shock's Extended Length and the Compressed Length.

Stock TJ/LJ shocks have an extended length of around 20" and a compressed length of 12.5". You may find that front shocks run little longer than the rear shocks by .5"-1.5".

So, for a lift of 2"-3", the shocks should be around 23"-25" extended and 14.5"-15.5" compressed. Again, it's common for the front shocks to be slightly longer than the rears.

Rancho 2.5" RS5239 RS5241
Rancho 3.5" RS5255 RS5256

The plain old Rancho RS5000X shocks are the ones you want, not the RS500XL. I run the RS5000X's on my Cherokee and it's well known that they are the best bang for the $. Excellent shocks.

You may want to consider purchasing Rock Krawler, Rancho, Teraflex or Metalcloak springs rather than OME. This will ensure that you are installing springs that are manufactured in the USA. But if you decide to give Dirk a call, you won't be disappointed. Good man. During the heart of the Covid shenanigans, he got me all kinds of parts shipped to my doorstep within just a couple days. Supporting him is just as good.

·
Premium Member
17,007 Posts
Springs, just look for 2"-3.5" TJ/LJ springs. Like the following...
RK03100 RK02001
RK05516 RK00215
RS6416B RS6417B
Metalcloak 7060 Metalcloak 7061

To match the shocks to the spring height you have to pay attention to the shock's Extended Length and the Compressed Length.

Stock TJ/LJ shocks have an extended length of around 20" and a compressed length of 12.5". You may find that front shocks run little longer than the rear shocks by .5"-1.5".

So, for a lift of 2"-3", the shocks should be around 23"-25" extended and 14.5"-15.5" compressed. Again, it's common for the front shocks to be slightly longer than the rears.

Rancho 2.5" RS5239 RS5241
Rancho 3.5" RS5255 RS5256

The plain old Rancho RS5000 shocks are the ones you want, not the RS500X. I run the RS5000's on my Cherokee and it's well known that they are the best bang for the $. Excellent shocks.

You may want to consider purchasing Rock Krawler, Rancho, Teraflex or Metalcloak springs rather than OME. This will ensure that you are installing springs that are manufactured in the USA. But if you decide to give Dirk a call, you won't be disappointed. Good man. During the heart of the Covid shenanigans, he got me all kinds of parts shipped to my doorstep within just a couple days. Supporting him is just as good.
No, the 5000X is the shock you want... The old 5000 is horrible on a Wrangler.

The suggestion above to contact Dirk at DPG offroad is a good one. He will make sure you are built right. It will be OME shocks, but they are very good too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.