Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to add a 2.5 spring lift to my 2005 LJ will all i need is the springs and shocks ?

is there any other things i will need

which is a good spring lift ?

thanks for any help

·
Retired Moderator
100,642 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have heard that the currie or metalcloack are pretty good lifts. Most of the forum goes with the 4.25 Zone lift but that may be to hight for your needs. You should only need springs and shocks since it's only 2.5. Hopefully some other folks can help out. Is your LJ a rubicon? Also, what size tire do you plan on using.

·
Super Moderator
6,898 Posts
any lift should include springs, shocks, and bumpstop extensions. at 2.5" lift you should also consider a rear track bar relocation bracket plus an adjustable front track bar or reinforce the axle side bracket and drill a new mounting hole to center the axles and longer sway bar links. if you dont like the "return to center" feeling of the steering wheel you can add adjustable lower control arms so you can adjust your caster.

I'm a big fan of BDS springs and Rancho 5000x shocks, but the springs dont come in .5" sizes, just 2" or 3".

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
2.5" springs = Skyjacker, Rough Country, Rubicon Express, Freedom Offroad. Maybe someone else makes some too. I'd go with Ironhead Jed's suggestion.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Looking to add a 2.5 spring lift to my 2005 LJ will all i need is the springs and shocks ?

is there any other things i will need

which is a good spring lift ?

thanks for any help
What are your other plans? Tire size, how and where will you offroad if at all will help.

If you plan on 35’s then you may want to step up to something like the metalcloak mentioned above.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts