Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep another ? Just wondering what is better for offroading,i know theres more room in a lj but if it becomes more problems while trailing then i dont care about the room?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
The LJ has a longer wheel base, thus a better chance of making a uphill obstacle. The only down side to this is, it is also easier to high center. A TJ running on 33" tires, is about the equivalent, of a LJ running on 37" tires, as far as the point of high centering. Hope this helps, a little.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
all depends where you wheel , if you wheel where there are ledges and you need alonger wheelbase then an LJ is better if you wheel along old stream beds or trails int eh woods a TJ is better

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yeah, I passed on a couple of good looking jeeps just b/c they were lj's, it just wasn't what I was looking for, I think the tj's look better. On the other hand more room, and a better ride can be found in an unlimited, as far as off road capability, I don't see any tremendous advantages one way or another.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea im thinking about passing on the lj for sale,maybe i should stick to wanting my rubi tj

·
Registered
262 Posts
An "LJ" is a TJ.......just has a long wheel base. :confused:

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
yup looks like someone hacked it and added a foot section too it, it just doesnt look good, but that not the reason to get it or not, its really about what type of wheeling your gonna be doing

·
I luv bourbonz!
3,105 Posts
LJ = Long Jeep... :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
LJ is an unofficial "internet" term for the LWB TJ. They are all TJs, some just have a long wheel base.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts