Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did they change the Sunrider attachment for the Sunrider Soft Top at all?Bought my soft top and door surrounds used. Guy had a bunch of soft tops and door surrounds and he handed them off to me.

On the soft top the pivot point for the sunrider option where it clips into the door surround is almost an inch thick. On the door surround where it clips in is only about 1/3"

·
Registered
620 Posts
There was a top change sometime late 2005 early 2006 model year. The older version was the "thick" attachment. Looks like you have the old top frame but the newer surrounds. See if the guy has the older surrounds. You can purchase just the older bracket as well from Mopar, they run about $50 each if I remember correctly (I had to replace one of mine).

If you can't trade for the older door surrounds from your source PM me and I'll try to look up the part number I found for just the bracket.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was a top change sometime late 2005 early 2006 model year. The older version was the "thick" attachment. Looks like you have the old top frame but the newer surrounds. See if the guy has the older surrounds. You can purchase just the older bracket as well from Mopar, they run about $50 each if I remember correctly (I had to replace one of mine).

If you can't trade for the older door surrounds from your source PM me and I'll try to look up the part number I found for just the bracket.
Thanks for the info. Been trying to Google and find out specifically what and when were the changes in the soft tops between the three years.

Contacted the seller, he was able to find the matching door surrounds and we are meeting up when I can make the drive.

Will drop you a PM if it ends up not working out.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts