Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

My wife and I have been shopping around for a nice LJ for the past several months. We have a pretty good idea of where the market is, but I wanted to reach out for other opinions on the value of these used LJ's. The asking prices are far higher than other "market values" and I just want to be sure I'm not overpaying. The vehicle in question is a two owner 2005 silver LJ offered by the second owner. It's silver with gray hard top, auto, and 96k on the clock. Seller reports no rust. Small accident involving first owner and rear bumper. It sounds like they backed into another vehicle in a parking lot or they were hit. Seller wants $15,750. I feel like he's a bit high. Other opinions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If it is what your heart desires, you are getting a deal. I'm buying a 6 speed manual sliver 2006 with 90,000 this week. No body rust but some surface rust underneath. I'm paying about $2000 less than you. But not getting a hard top. I also bought a $300 plane ticket and will have to drive 8 hours home. Mostly stock but sweet shocks/springs. Always garage kept and the paint shows. During my search, I've seen a few people get incredible deals. And seen many pay quite a bit more than I would have. But I'm getting exactly what I want and hope you are, as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
And I should disclose I bought an identical silver 2006 with the exact same build sheet 6 weeks ago. Except this one has 172,000 miles. I bought it to be a beater weekend vehicle, but liked it so much I drive it more than my primary. So I'm buying another one with almost half the miles and much better cosmetics. I'm going to sell the current 2006 in a couple of weeks. Should be fun to have twins for a little while.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hey folks,

My wife and I have been shopping around for a nice LJ for the past several months. We have a pretty good idea of where the market is, but I wanted to reach out for other opinions on the value of these used LJ's. The asking prices are far higher than other "market values" and I just want to be sure I'm not overpaying. The vehicle in question is a two owner 2005 silver LJ offered by the second owner. It's silver with gray hard top, auto, and 96k on the clock. Seller reports no rust. Small accident involving first owner and rear bumper. It sounds like they backed into another vehicle in a parking lot or they were hit. Seller wants $15,750. I feel like he's a bit high. Other opinions? Thanks in advance.
That's not a bad deal considering the hard top.

Plenty of LJs here going for way more than that. Hard top a bonus if you like them, auto nice to have.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just bought an 05 with a soft top and 116k w/ a lift, winch, aftermarket bumpers and brand new bfg all terrains for $13,800. The top neeeds to be replaced but I think I got a good deal.

·
Registered
141 Posts
IMO based on where I'm located, it's listed about 3-4K too high. I got my 05 6 speed with 112k on it with hard and soft tops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
All depends on what you're willing to pay. IMHO the average LJ is approx. 30% higher than TJ. Also depends on if it has any good upgrades or just stock. Mine is a Rubi and had approx. 15K in upgrades/41k on the clock and was a little over 20K... needless to say I jumped on it!!! :bop:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just got my LJ. 2006 with 70,000 miles. Listed at $15,750 and I got it for $14,000. Has a 4" lift, 33" tires, wheel spacers, bumpers, couple LED lights.

·
Registered
33 Posts
A few months ago I bought an 06 LJ with 118K on it. Brand new lift, steering stabilizer, wheels, tires and a hard top. Paid a smidge over 14k. I though it was high to, but there isn't a spot of rust on it. The frame has been painted and all the bolts under it have come out no problem, the under side looks like it should be a 2015. The previous owner took insanely good care of it and traded it for a JKU. The jeep shop put on the lift etc for resale. Because it was so clean I felt it was a good deal. BL, it's up to you on what you think is a fair price. Not to mention you can sell the hard top for well over 1k.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Your description sounds just like my LJ when I bought it 1 year ago. Exact same asking price, 2 previous owners, small accident that resulted in rear bumper being replaced, 93k miles in great shape, no body of frame rust but had an aftermarket hardtop and no soft top. I got them down to $13,900. I was prepared to pay the asking price but didn't really want to. It worked out good for me and I love it. Mine was all stock except that rear bumper and the Rally Tops hard top. They put a tube style bumper on it. It's ok but I have plans to change it out for a bumper/tire carrier combo.

·
Registered
14 Posts
2006 Unlimited

bought it from second owner May 2011 for $16,300 with 44,500 miles. Clean, no rusts, no dents no lift, aftermarket aluminum wheels and 2 tops.
I did shop Denver, Albuquerque and Craigs List for over a year to find one with a standard transmission at a good price. The seller lives 2 blocks from my house!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just ebay'd/sold my 04 LJ today, needed quick cash and decided to start a no reserve auction at 8500.00, and auction ended at $10,099.00. The Jeep is in great condition, 121k with no mechanical issues, automatic, very clean, solid frame, new rock sliders, 305 (33's) throaty exhaust and some very small spots of body rust on the typical spots.. after seeing how much these go for in decent condition I kinda wish I held out for more money but cash is needed... So my point is there are good deals out there.. just gotta find them..Good luck with your search

Attachments

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Just ebay'd/sold my 04 LJ today, needed quick cash and decided to start a no reserve auction at 8500.00, and auction ended at $10,099.00. The Jeep is in great condition, 121k with no mechanical issues, automatic, very clean, solid frame, new rock sliders, 305 (33's) throaty exhaust and some very small spots of body rust on the typical spots.. after seeing how much these go for in decent condition I kinda wish I held out for more money but cash is needed... So my point is there are good deals out there.. just gotta find them..Good luck with your search
I hate to tell you but you gave that away. that is an unbelievable price. How come I never come across deals on ebay like that. Most of the time it goes far more that it is worth.

What did you have to pay ebay to sell it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts