Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2016 75th edition wrangler. I have the 430 radio and a usb in the dash and armrest. My question is how do I put my songs on a thumb drive and load in the system. Is there anything out there that tells you how to (I guess) load songs onto a computer and then load to a thumb drive and then load into my playlist on the jeep. I'm an old guy. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Put them in MP3 format on the drive. Make sure the drive is FAT32. Plug it into the front of the unit behind the little cover. Press the My Files button. I believe it should be self-explanatory from there.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
I believe the smaller size thumb drives are FAT32 by default. They are cheap today. The larger ones may be formatted differently.

If you purchase music online for listening on a portable device (smart phone or music player) they use different formats. They use wave format. So they will have to be converted to MP3. A wave format file may be 20 MB, but when converted to MP3 it is reduced to 4 MB or so.

The link below shows how to import music into your Windows Media Player and then convert it to MP3.

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-convert-wav-to-mp3-using-windows-media-player

1 - 3 of 3 Posts