Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Their reasoning without detail was that the jeep electrical system is very complicated and they advise against taking a jeep to an audio install place.

Is there truth to this?

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Yep load of crap. I guess they think the jeep is the only thing with a complicated electronic system. If you take it to descent stereo shop you shouldn't have anything to worry about.......... They didn't happen to tell you you should spend your money on something else, you know like something they could sell and install for you?

·
Registered
33 Posts
yea man, this is crap. i work at a stereo shop here in dallas and i do new jeep's all the time. i've also added subs/speakers/radio to my personal one.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. They didn't offer me anything else. They're a 4x4 store that just said avoid electrical system. I guess it just isn't their specialty. Thanks all.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Crap, the stereo install on my TJ was extremely easy

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He said the following:

Regarding the Jeep’s electrical gremlins, a quick google search of the Can-Bus style electrical system on all 2007+ Wranglers should provide you with additional information about issues that have surfaced, and how they affect the accessories you can add to the vehicle. If you would like our take on the issues, stop by the store, as it is too complex to be thorough in an e-mail.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
the sound system doesn't hook into the CAN bus. Why would it? it's no different than any other car audio system. Any monkey can connect the wires together.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the sound system doesn't hook into the CAN bus. Why would it? it's no different than any other car audio system. Any monkey can connect the wires together.
Found a couple threads on other forums. Apparently it's just working around the wires that can cause issues and interference. Brake light signals going off randomly... stuff on dashboard turning on/off. I guess installer error but it's just more complicated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts