Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,my name is Pier From Italy,(sorry for my language),I have a question for us,I have a Tj wrangler 4.0 '97 and now for climb a big tire (35x12.50x15.....In Italy is very difficult climb up tire) I take a kit 35 superior whit detroit lockers , but for my off-road (not rock but too easy)the Detroit 100% is very hard (on road):
Now I wanth cange a Detroit 100% whit a Lockers manual insert (ARB-OX....).Plese helpe me...I see a eletrical lockers...is good?have a problem?because I see elettric detroit lockers but nothin delears have...why?
Thank's and sorry again

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Selectable electric lockers are very good. The advantage is that you will never have to worry about an air leak. With ARB's you can also install a holding tank, and can air up your tires with it. Selectable lockers are much easier on the drive line than mechanical lockers. Eaton is another company that makes electric lockers, and you should be able to get any of these on line.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank's, but why the eletric lockers not in catalog on much delers in Usa?4wd.com or quadratec.com? And if take a Eaton is good lockers? not problem or listening pepole have problem?
thank's Pier:eek:

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Eaton electic lockers are fairly new, and our local Jeep Outfitters has one on display. Eaton is a very good manufacturer of components, and has an industry wide reputation for reliability. They have been supplying the commercial industry(heavy equipment, trucking industry) with excellent products for years. Here is one site that carries them;

http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/70692

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
You also mentioned the OX above which is a very good selectable locker that is neither air or electric operation. It is cable operated locker, which takes out the air and electric component of failure. The only beef with this one is that the cable can be crushed or ripped away. However seeing as you don't do a lock of rock crawling this may be a great option for you.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
China said:
But for you is + good a ox or eletric?
I go on off-road but no on rock crawling .
I actually use lock right lockers in my difs. However if I was going to move to a selectable locker for myself I would go with an OX.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts