Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was leaving work yesterday I went to put my seatbelt on and it was locked up. So I drove home without my belt on and I got home and started pulling on it for a while and eventually it came loose. It worked fine for me this morning but as I was leaving school the same thing happened. I had not been able to fix it since. What could be wrong and how can I fix it.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
About you can do is take off the outer plastic trim cover and see if something got inside of there and jammed up the mechanism. Other than that there isn't anything serviceable in there. What ever you do don't take off the round plastic cover in there there is a spring in there that will jump out of there and EAT YOU. Seat belt retractors are meant to be replaced when they go bad.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This happens to me after I go trail riding when mud cakes inside. As stated, just check out what's physically stopping it and/or change out the mechanism.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
In that posting it states to remove the yellow bobber thing. WRONG that is the weight that locks up the mechanism in the event of a collision. Don't remove it.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Had the same problem.... was just dirty inside. Clean it good and oil it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts