Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an ARB air locker and i was offraoding the other day, couldnt make it up this rock, went to turn on my locker, i flipped the switch to engage the compressor, at first it didnt work. flipped it a few more times it finally aired up, i flipped theswitch to engage it and had another try at the rock. i was told both of my wheels were not spinning, only one was. should i completely re-wire my locker?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,630 Posts
The real question is have you listened to your compressor to know if the switch is turning it on? If the switch turns the compressor on, it doesn't need to be rewired. Which means there is likely an air leak in the compressor, in one of the fittings, or inside the locker itself.

If the compressor isn't turning on, then you've either got bad wiring, a bad switch, or a bad compressor.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the compressor turns on..sometimes. itll fill then ill engage it. i guess it didnt work. how could i go by troubleshooting what the problem could be?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
It sounds like it works intermittently which could be the switch for starters. This will be one of those things that you need to go by process of elimination.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts