Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i searched but cant seem to find the answer for my particular scenario.
So since my jeep will be a DD/Trail rig would you even recommend a locker? also if i get one should i do just front and or rear and also what kind?? thanks for all the help guys.

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
depends how serious you want to hit the trail. i'd run it without the lockers for a while, see how you like it. the best lockers would be selectable, they are pricey, but it will still have manners on the road, and go crazy on the trail. lockers on the road aren't terrible, some ratchet, some make it suck in the snow. spool is out in my opinion for dual purpose.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
depends how serious you want to hit the trail. i'd run it without the lockers for a while, see how you like it. the best lockers would be selectable, they are pricey, but it will still have manners on the road, and go crazy on the trail. lockers on the road aren't terrible, some ratchet, some make it suck in the snow. spool is out in my opinion for dual purpose.
well my plan for trails would be when i go on one ill hit it pretty good but not extreme trails you know? i was just wondering if the where bad on the axles and whatnot for daily driver status. selectable are pretty pricey to so i dunno about those. i think ill just do what you say and wheel it open for now then see what it does because aren't jeeps pretty capable anyway? or what about a locker in the front only? i dunno. i was looking at detroits really like either the locker or the limited slip. witch one would you recommend?

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
for dd use, i wouldn't put one in the front first. if you have a lift, and decent size tires, you'll go far on a trail. there's so many different products now, but limited slip to me is a waste of money, if you're gonna do it, do a locker. detroit tried and true if you wanna save some money.

and you are askin to brake stuff with lockers, especially the d35.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for dd use, i wouldn't put one in the front first. if you have a lift, and decent size tires, you'll go far on a trail. there's so many different products now, but limited slip to me is a waste of money, if you're gonna do it, do a locker. detroit tried and true if you wanna save some money.

true i do remember reading about the breakage with lockers. thanks man ill take you previous advice and wheel it open first hand and see if even need to add anything on what ill be doing.. thanks man:D

·
Registered
640 Posts

I had a lincoln locker on my pathfinder and I only had issues with tires and my axels on that were trash for those that dont know what a lincoln locker are, they welded my 2 shafts together

1 - 6 of 6 Posts