Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2001 sport a few months ago from a guy that never took it offroad who got it from a guy you delivered it on a flatbed aired down (only offroad). At some angles you can see remnants of a San Diego 4 wheel club logo on the front windshield, 33x12.5 tires, etc...
And I KNOW it's locked up, I just don't know the brand. Is there a way to find out?
I know some types you can turn the lockers off, but these you can't (making road driving a little clunky and squirley)
Thanks!

·
Knows a couple things...
49,822 Posts
Look for anything unusual going into the differentials like an air (not vent) line, electrical line, etc. That would be a big clue as to what's inside. If there's nothing external to give a clue, the only way to know is to open the differentials up and look. Or send the club, who is local to me, an email from their website at San Diego 4 Wheelers | Family Fun Four Wheeling and asked who sold the so-and-so Jeep (give full description) and ask the former owner what was in it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jerry Bransford said:
Look for anything unusual going into the differentials like an air (not vent) line, electrical line, etc. That would be a big clue as to what's inside. If there's nothing external to give a clue, the only way to know is to open the differentials up and look. Or send the club, who is local to me, an email from their website at San Diego 4 Wheelers | Family Fun Four Wheeling and asked who sold the so-and-so Jeep (give full description) and ask the former owner what was in it.
That's a great idea, Thanks!
Do you ever roll with them? (pun intended)

·
Knows a couple things...
49,822 Posts
I did several runs with them years ago and almost joined but they moved their meeting location to a location that was just too far away for me to drive to. I live in north county so I joined a club (Geared 4Fun) that meets pretty close to my house. SD 4Wheelers is one of the top wheeling clubs in the San Diego area, good people in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.