Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,388 Posts
Was wondering if anyone has used lunchbox lockers.
I am running the TORQ locker in front. It works quite well. I only get a slight ratcheting when turning very sharp in to a parking spot. On the trail it works as it should.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I run an Aussie in the rear. Inexpensive alternative if you can deal with their quirkiness.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Run a torq locker in front as well, sometimes will get a clunk during tight left turns. I think it's because that shaft is much shorter than passenger side. Doesn't happen every time.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had powertrax (rear) in my TJ. Put on over 100K miles on it. never an issue. Except the loud bang if I drove to tight in a parking lot.. It unloaded the locking due to binding on paved ground. otherwise was good investment into low end locker. Also it was in a D35 axle so did not want to put a lot of money in that setup.

worked very well offroad.

hope that helps

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I ran a lockright in my front axle until I destroyed it (the axle) on the trails. Clicks and bangs on dry pavement in tight turns but it did always function.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Was wondering if anyone has used lunchbox lockers.
Richmond Gears a lunchbox locker functioned well for me for many years. Lockers and 30/35 axles really don't mix well. I broke two axles over the years and the friend I sold the TJ to broke another.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts