Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aperently some one tried to steal gas from nearly every car in the complex i live in.. lucky my TJ is right under my window and the light is right above it but my neighbor didnt have that luck and its now half a tank of gas less.. I take that as a precausion.. what gas cap would you recomend.. i used to have one that felt like it froze in the winter and i changed it with nonlocking one.. it was all slipping and clicking like crazy i thought i was stuck at a gas station with the gas light on at a sunday night.

Again what gas cap do you recomend and where to get it?

Thanks you in advance

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
just go to walmart and pick one up. I got a Fram there, it was 10 bucks.

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any info on cameras? steak knifes? remote control machine guns to go on my roof? recomendations on those too?:flipoff: not joking either i hate people that steal.. what happened with the good ol hamurabi code? too tough to get your hand cut off if you are cought stealing? You deserve it.. at least it got things solved!!!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I kind of like electro-shock security alarms. Less mess than a steak knife.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just changed mine. It was the Jeep factory one because it would not open any more. It took a big hammer and a big screw driver to get it off. I put a new Stant on .

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Not a big fan of locking gas caps, if they really want it and can't get the cap off they will punch the tank. Kinda why I don't lock any of our TJ's when the soft tops are on. If someone wants to steal the factory am/fm/cass, go for it, give me an excuse for that new pioneer bluetooth head unit I want..with the removable face.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just watch yourself at full service stations. I went to one and drove away with a locking gas cap...that I never bought. The guy wanted me to drive back to jersey to get it taken off. I told him to mail me the key because I wasn't going to make it. What a mess.

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol thanks of tip :) for the 3-4 years i've been driving i've never seen a gas station where the gas station person fills up your car :D It's all self serve where i live :D

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Any info on cameras? steak knifes? remote control machine guns to go on my roof? recomendations on those too?:flipoff: not joking either i hate people that steal.. what happened with the good ol hamurabi code? too tough to get your hand cut off if you are cought stealing? You deserve it.. at least it got things solved!!!
Security BB Gun - ebaumsworld.com

^^ u might like that =p

·
Registered
38 Posts
cams

I use one, Wal-Mart sells a good night vision camera that can be hooked up to your computer for around 60 bucks. you can set it to alert and motion detect for video capture, in a grid that would just cover your jeep with "Active Webcam" software. clear clean video.
Q-SEE CMOS Color Camera w/ Night Vision - Wal-Mart

1 - 12 of 12 Posts