Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do u guys think about locking the hood? Has anyone ever had problems with ppl actually messing with their engines?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have never had a problem with people messing with my underhood components because I have always locked my hood. The external latches are just too inviting. A hood lock is cheap insurance. Most thefts are crimes of opportunity.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i have the mopar hood lock , this is the best one to buy imo , it uses your original key for the jeep ( the key you put in your ignition) , all you need to install is a cheapy pop rivet gun

·
Registered
282 Posts
its heavy duty too , no joke , i sh!t when i saw how much it was but when i received it i was like "o look at this"
small price to pay to protect eveything aftermarket and even simple things like your battery . Here in new york things like this arent that safe in a common parking lot

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I put a lock on my hood because I came out of school to find my hood up. Idk why but they didn't mess with anything. Now I have a lock. :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
I bought the good lock, gas cap lock kit from the new Quadrated book.
Worked like a champ but they keys are not the same.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been looking into the lock that goes under the hood, under the latch. I'm paranoid that someone is gonna just pop the hood one day.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Looking at these, I like this cause its hidden. Not a bad price either, on eBay.
I know the Mopar one is more expensive, but its much nicer and uses the ignition key. It's cheaper on moparsupercenter.com that Quadratec.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Piece of Crap

Looking at these, I like this cause its hidden. Not a bad price either, on eBay.
I started with the Rugged Ridge one because it was cheap. Boy is it cheap. It is hard to install without taking your grill off and then it just doesn't work. The tumbler on it moves and I can literally move it when it is locked and open the hood. Don't waste your time with this one. Get the Mopar one IMO.

·
Registered
664 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
all you need to install is a cheapy pop rivet gun
Funny you mention that. The guys who did my lift install said they couldn't put the Mopar hood lock on because they didn't have a rivet gun big enough. ?? How big a rivet gun did you use? Sounds like you did it yourself.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts