Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to spec out a jk 4dr 4x4 unlimted sahara:D anyway got to the space of options and at the bottom of the list is has lockable axle? is this the same setup as in the rubi? and the strange part is that it's a no charge item on the sahara? so why wouldn't it be part of the package automatically? what am i missing:mad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
never mind it's a locker not a switchable locker! another new option that threw me for a loop......i know wasn't a far throw...

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
never mind it's a locker not a switchable locker! another new option that threw me for a loop......i know wasn't a far throw...
Yeah the Rubi has ARB air lockers in both front and rear. It's a nice setup.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Incorrect. The NEW 07 JK has ELECTRONIC Locking Lockers. The 03-06 Rubi's had the low pressure air actuated lockers. They worked on 3-5 psi. ARB's on the otherhand, work on High pressure (85-93) PSI. The limited slip in the Sahara is a Dana trac-loc clutch plate type limited slip.

Joe

Yeah the Rubi has ARB air lockers in both front and rear. It's a nice setup.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Incorrect. The NEW 07 JK has ELECTRONIC Locking Lockers. The 03-06 Rubi's had the low pressure air actuated lockers. They worked on 3-5 psi. ARB's on the otherhand, work on High pressure (85-93) PSI. The limited slip in the Sahara is a Dana trac-loc clutch plate type limited slip.

Joe
Yeah I completely forgot about the Tru-Lok system. Was still stuck in 06. Thanks for setting me straight!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts