Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the two bumpers I'm considering for my 2014 JKU. I can't decide between the LOD midwith, or the XHD with the modular bumper ends (non-stubby), and am looking for advice from anyone that has either one of these.

I may not be getting a winch, or at least anytime soon, so I am pricing the XHD non-winch bumper. The price is roughly $4 different when comparing the LOD bumper with the XHD base and caps ($499-495 in favor of LOD).

I like the look of the fog light mounts on the RR better than the LOD. But the option to mount a winch is always there on the LOD, whereas I believe you would have to buy a different RR XHD base if you elected to get a winch down the road. Both have the options to add a I won't be doing any major off-roading, but will be driving through the creeks, backroads, etc.

Any comments on durability of the finish, quality of the construction, etc are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Choice is easy for me. Support a USA owned/manufactured product... LOD. I have their mid width signature series and love it. Build quality is top notch.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Love my LOD as well. It's awesome and I get compliments often.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
High quality American made product

Choice is easy for me. Support a USA owned/manufactured product... LOD. I have their mid width signature series and love it. Build quality is top notch.
Of the two, no question. LOD. Don't support the china junk brands.
X 1000.
I have the LoD rear bumper. The materials and build quality are excellent.
Zinc base coat under the durable outer powder coat.
Great install instructions in real English...
Built by Americans, for Americans. :beerdrinking:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts