Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure exactly where to put this post, under JK Build thread or just General Discussion. Part of this posting is a light review, but also in some cases I need help or clarification. Ideally LoD actually reads and responds, but I'll give them a call as well. Maybe people will find tips or other helpful notes.

Over the weekend I installed the following
LoD Destroyer Shorty Rear Bumper with Rigid Flush Mounted D-Series Pro Diffused LED lights. Wife helped a bit, still had a few challenges which I'll get into.
LoD Destroyer Rock Sliders. I did these myself which was a pain in the ass due to their weight and trying to hold them in place. Mostly because I wanted to try and was oddly too lazy to pull out my floorjack to help

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Let's go with the cleaner install first. LoD Destroyer Rock Sliders.They took about 5 weeks from order to received, which is about what I was expecting.

These things were super well packed and in fantastic shape upon receipt. The finish is fantastic, their heavy weight beasts, and all hardware was included with a nice checklist with images. The instructions could be a little more specific, but I figured it out and I'm not a particularly technical guy when it comes to Jeep or auto maintenance.

I had already taken off a set of previously installed Smittybilt SRC steps so I was ready to install upon receipt.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Partially unpackaged Sliders, ignore all the other junk in my garage. Between the spray in foam packaging and wrapping, these babies are comfortably craddled and shipped.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as the install goes, pretty straightforward, just a couple of nuances to pay attention to, like where not to use spacers depending the model you have. I've got a 2015 JKU automatic. I did drill the bottom mounted bolts in for added support, and other then hot metal shards flying onto me it wasn't pretty easy with a couple of good drill bits.

Driver Front

Driver Middle

Driver Rear

Passenger Front

Passenger Middle

Passenger Rear

·
Registered
587 Posts
These looks great. I wish I got them instead of the crap HardRock4x4 Patriot sliders that rusted after a few months.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now for the LoD Destroyer Shorty Bumper. Again, same great packaging, it took me quite a few minutes just to get the bumper out. Finish and design are really good looking. There are a lot of slots and cutouts, I'm guessing that's so mud/water drain. A good example is the cutouts for the backup lights. The flushmount plates could have been about a 1/4 inch wider to fill the space where the lights go.

My biggest issue was the washers were so large they overlapped, image below. And the instructions are for the full width bumper so one of bolts has to be reversed.

Otherwise happy.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unwrapping

Installed

By the way, I love these Rigid lights, amazingly bright at night and make my newly installed back-up camera work great.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The problem areas, just seems like LoD included the wrong washers. I actually put 7/16ths on and they still overlapped.

This bolt had to be flipped.

·
Supporting Vendor
269 Posts
Nice job on the install! Your Jeep looks great, send us some good pics when your all finished so we can post them on our site!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice job on the install! Your Jeep looks great, send us some good pics when your all finished so we can post them on our site!
Thanks. I'll send finished pictures once I've got my fender flares on. Did I miss something or were the washers okay overlapping? Also I assume flipping that bolt was perfectly fine, correct? Cheers

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Following. I've been eyeing the shorty signature for a while now.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk
I went back and forth, chose the mid-width mostly because I wanted the factory fogs outside of the tow points and I wanted a little more spacing to install stuff

·
Supporting Vendor
269 Posts
Thanks. I'll send finished pictures once I've got my fender flares on. Did I miss something or were the washers okay overlapping? Also I assume flipping that bolt was perfectly fine, correct? Cheers
Yeah that bolt is fine. I never knew there was an issue with the washers, I'll look into it. It should be fine regardless, but if you can find smaller washers that would be a plus.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Looking good! I'm pretty jealous of that signature mid width. That bumper has been on my wish list for some time now. I was just out yesterday evening hoping a deer would jump in front of me so I could have one too. I feel your pain on LODs packaging, still finding pieces of expando foam from my slider install two years ago. I've just about got my new Ram CTD outfitted so maybe by black Friday we can be bumper twins!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Are the wheels Fuel Vectors? I have a set of all blacks lost in UPS nevaneva land right now. Ordered them for the Ram on March 24th but they never hit the first tracking scan.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Looks great! I’m waiting for the new Armor Light sliders to come out.

I’ve had a couple small issues with LOD installation materials but like the products overall. For instance, my towing reinforcement brackets for the front bumper had three correct bolts and one incorrect. Not a big deal but a nuisance.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts