Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just completed the install on my christmas present, a LoD Signature series rear bumper and tire carrier ---NEW!!! TJ / LJ Signature series rear bumper and tire carrier / Built in Reverse Lights!! Adjustable Tire Ride Height!!*::*Jeep*::*LoD Offroad

I have read reviews on this tire carrier and others for awhile now. I decided to go with LoD due to the great craftsmanship and integrated reverse lights. I have heard horror stories from some forums saying that LoD took them 1-2 months for delivery, however my wife said mine took 2 weeks.

During unpacking I noticed an usually low amount of hardware. And when I see that my hardware was packaged into a hefty zip-lock bag, at that point I knew something was up. I began installation with no instructions since none were delivered. I put it together to the best of my ability, and received installation instructions today after calling LoD and to my surprise i installed everything like it should be.

During installation I finally figured out which nuts and bolts I was missing. I ended up using some bolts that i had for my trailer hitch that i removed. For the other nuts and bolts, i just went to home depot. (spent a $1.00) Also figured out that the frame tie-ins were not delivered either. Installation was easy, would be even easier with two or more people. It was just me and a floor jack. I had to drill 4(four) 1/2" holes which werent bad. Space is tight as i knew it would be working around gas tank. Pretty straight forward though.

Made the call today to LoD C.S., they helped me out really well. They were very concerned about the issue. They are shipping me all new hardware, and emailed me the instructions as previously stated. They are also including the frame tie-in brackets.

My ratings: 1-10
Quality - 10
Customer service - 10
Strength - 10
Rattle free - 10
Packaging - 5 (for lack of hardware) however came nicely packaged.

As of now, I would recommend!

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
That looks nice! I just installed a Rockhard rear bumper/tire carrier on my TJ. I like the Lod bumpers. If they would have replied to my emails, they would have had my business.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
That's a real nice looking tire swing. With all the pucks still in place and the multiple contact/stabilizing bars, I doubt you'll ever get a rattle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts