Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered some Rock Rails/ Sliders from LOD and just got them the other day. There are 3 holes that go through the floor boards and 4 that go through the tub side. It says to drill the bottom 3 all the way through the floor into the cab, push the carpet back, place a nut, tighten up and replace carpet.

I spoke to LOD and they confirmed drilling all the way through the floor boards and said I wouldn't even know they are there. I'm not sure how I feel about that as I plan to completely remove the carpet in the near future. Do most sliders get drilled all the way through the floor? Was thinking maybe nutserts but that is a PITA. Am I over thinking this?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thinking about sliders from LOD and found your post. Did you get them installed? If so, how was it? Have any pics? Thanks.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
My Rokmens bolt through the floor and the side of the tub. It's no biggee to me, but I have carpet. Nutserts wouldn't help you because if you put them in the cab, they would stick up as much as a nut. Why not buy a piece of 1/4" x 1" or 1 1/2" wide flat steel plate a little longer than the total hole spaces. Then you could drill and tap threads in the plate, bolt it up, then cut the bolts that stick up off flush, and bedline over the top of it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just drilled them up through the floor they are closer to the side of the tub then I thought they would be so not really a big deal. They are very stout have not movement. Other than the lack of instructions and a couple missing bolts I am very impressed with everything I got from LOD

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have body armor sliders... They were easy to install and mount on the original 3 body mount holes.. I love them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts