Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the LoD rocksliders and the step plates would be ideal for my wife and kids to climb into our Jeep.

I am not sure I like their mounting locations, however...

All the instructions I have seen, and the pics on their website show the frame rail mounting bracket going OVER the edge of the transfer case and transmission skid plate, instead of underneath it. Is this the correct procedure or did they post pics of the mounting bracket being put on incorrectly?

This seems like it would create some issues as far as getting the skidplate off. You would have to remove the rocksliders in order to get the skid plates off.

Is this a huge issue or am I being overly concerned?

I would like to know how others have mounted their LoD rocksliders.

Thanks.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did speak to someone at LoD about changing the trans fluid with their mounting set-up and he said it shouldn't be a problem, but he wasn't sure. I want to be sure. I really don't like the idea of having to remove a slider to change trans fluid.

Does anyone have any experience with mounting these sliders and performing required maintenance?

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
I did speak to someone at LoD about changing the trans fluid with their mounting set-up and he said it shouldn't be a problem, but he wasn't sure. I want to be sure. I really don't like the idea of having to remove a slider to change trans fluid.

Does anyone have any experience with mounting these sliders and performing required maintenance?
Installing mine next week 18th but I have a manual so not sure it will help you much. They do install over the factory plate.

FYI they look great but delivery time was quite long.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts