Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am hoping a rep from LOD will comment on this thread or someone that really knows the difference, or knows what it takes to convert. I recently purchased the stubby stinger front bumper from LOD designed for "all other winches" instead of being designed for the warn zeon winch. I am wonder the difference and more importantly, what is required to "convert" this bumper to fit a warn zeon winch. Thanks in advance for all help

·
Registered
78 Posts
The opening in the front for the winch cable is offset to the right (as viewed from the front of the jeep) on the "all others" models. The Zeon series has a centered drum, unlike most winches. You'd have to carve a larger, centered hole to properly accommodate the Zeons (not recommended).

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Well the alternative is to send it back and that won't be cheap. I think I remember someone on JK-forum that did this on an LOD bumper, but with only a quick search I can't seem to find it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Already sounds like some work, there are other reputable winches out there that I can choose from. Thanks for the responses!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts