Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides the fact that no directions came with it:banghead:, nor is there any directions on thier site:banghead: (Only for the JK), or the fact that it was missing hardware:banghead:, and also the fact that what hardware did come with it was "JUNK":banghead:......whew.... ok enough of a rant:)...............................

Anyway,.... has anyone had issues with where the high lift is supposed to mount?

Jeep in question - 2006 LJ

When the high lift is mounted and the tire carrier is swung to the outter most position, the rear glass will "NOT" open,.... it gets about 6-8 inches out, then hits the high lift. Before I go through the trouble of "Fabrication and Designing" a completely different set-up, I wanted to see if anyone had similar issues and was there an "easy fix"?

***** LOD Tire Carrier Positives*****
-Great job on the powder coating
-Great job with packing and crating for shipment (Shipped to Alaska with no damage)
-Craftsmanship on the carrier was great

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
277 Posts
what LoD Bumper do you have. I have the signature series. mine too came with no instructions, and it was missing hardware. I have the instructions for mine if you want them. try flipping the high lift jack around or shift down a little. I currently do not have a high lift on mine and moreover i do not have a hard top. so no help there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what LoD Bumper do you have. I have the signature series. mine too came with no instructions, and it was missing hardware. I have the instructions for mine if you want them. try flipping the high lift jack around or shift down a little. I currently do not have a high lift on mine and moreover i do not have a hard top. so no help there.
I have the signature series as well. Flipping the highlift around doesn't work. I have kind of come to the conclusion that I need to fab my own mount down towards the bottom of the carrier..... I'm hoping for a confirmation from someone with a hardtop that had the same issue. I don't mind having to fab something up...... Just want to make sure I'm not over thinking the issue before I go through the time to change the design.

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
118 Posts
just drill two holes on bar on top of A-frame,install 2 bolts and mount your hi-lift horizontally.Mine didn't line up vertically.That how I mount mine now

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just drill two holes on bar on top of A-frame,install 2 bolts and mount your hi-lift horizontally.Mine didn't line up vertically.That how I mount mine now
The signature series is not an "A" frame design. The current mounts are for mounting it horizontally across the top. If I have to mod it,... I will probably go for mounting it lower on the main frame,.......

Was just hoping someone had a quick fix before I start plunkin more holes in the rack.

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have the new LoD signature series mounted on my 98 TJ with the hard top and yes if the hi lift jack is centered on the horizontal mount, when you try to open the back window it won't open because it hits the jack. What I did was to off set the jack. Placed the base end of the jack on the drivers side facing downward and did not set the jack completely lowered. Raised the jack up so you see 7-8 slot holes under the jack lift platform then mounted it, this cleared my window upon swinging the tire carrier past the locking pin. It was good enough for me without the base sticking out on he drivers side, or trying to relocate or fabricate some other way of placing the jack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts