Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered the 5.5 rock krawler x factor long arm lift for my LJ wrangler and since it is my Daily Driver and i will be doing the install myself, i have to have all of the hiccups out of the way with no surprises.

My questions is, are there any exhaust systems you can buy that will work with this lift? or am I going to have to Modify the exhaust no matter what? Lets see some pics of re-routed exhausts on long arm lifts.

Thanks in advance.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,386 Posts
Not that I'd run another bolt-on long arm system (the best thing those long arms did was get hung up on trail obstacles), your best option exhaust-wise is just visit your local independent muffler shop. Which means avoid the chain shops like Midas and Meineke who will just rip you off. That's what I did when I installed my previous TJ's bolt-on long arm suspension and it worked out fine. It cost $85 for them to reroute it and install a new Thrush muffler though that was about ten years ago.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I have a Rubicon Express 4.5 long arm kit with tri-link rear suspension on my '06 LJ Rubicon, installed by the previous owner. [P/N's RE7500 and RE4410.] The exhaust system uses a Flowmaster Super HP2 muffler, P/N 12518409, and was a custom installation by a local muffler shop.

The original instructions have an installation note which reads, "This kit requires modifications to the exhaust system. Generally, after the suspension is installed, plan on a shop installing a system from the rear of the cat on back with a smaller muffler."

This particular Flowmaster muffler has a deep throaty sound and is not raspy. According to the previous owner it was one of the only mufflers that would fit in the allotted space. The case measures 18" L x 5" W x 4" H with 2.5" inlet and outlet.

12518409-Super HP-2 Muffler 409S – 2.50 Center In./2.50 Center Out – Moderate Sound

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The only muffler I could find that worked with my long arms is made my Spintech. The muffler is embarrassing loud and annoying when the engine is over 2500 RPM.

Never had any issues with long arms being hung up on rocks and I routinely traverse the rubicon trail, fordyce, and trails in Parker AZ. Experiences may vary.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
X2 on local muffler/exhaust shop. I had to have mine bent and routed a little after my savvy tummy tuck. Cost me $45 to have them tweak the muffler, and bend the tailpipe a bit to clear my shocks. Plus you support a local business.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts