Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm pondering up'ing my rig to 37s and of course I'll need to step up from my 2.5" AEV to at 3.5 or 4". So now deciding between long arm kit (EVA Double D is in the lead) or MC GC.

I called MC and they advised their front lower CA's are a bit longer to get the stock 5% and that both the rears are longer pushing the axle back 5/8". That sounds great! Plus I know folks love it!

BUT... I have been in TJ's with LA kits and they are amazing. BUT... many folks say it's not needed in JK's.

Anyone have the ability to compare these 2 kits in real life?

·
Super Moderator
8,242 Posts
TJs are an entirely different animal. For what 99.999999% of the folks on this board do with their rig, long arm is not needed. Metalcloak ftw.

If you have a Willy's, I would instead look into upgrading the D30 rather than long arm.

You can run 37s on 2.5 inch lift with flat fenders - wouldn't need anymore lift. Especially on a 2 door.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks MMC!

Yeah, the D30. I keep going back and forth with what I'm gonna do there. I'm leaning towards sleeve/gusset then wheel it til it's toast then upgrade. I've already invested in in the ARB up front so wanna keep using that.

I didn't know I could clear 37s with only 2.5 + my flats! I've got the AEV ones. Now I'm rethinking everything. Maybe just to 37s, appreciate, then upgrade later. Hmmmmmmmmm

thanks!

·
Super Moderator
8,242 Posts
I have 37s on 2.5 with chopped fenders so definitely doable. And I wheel it. I did truss both axles and gusset.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fantastical! Thank you so very much!! and GREAT photos!!! Wheeling in AZ is on my bucket list :D

·
Super Moderator
8,242 Posts
Just let me know when you get to that list.This is a wheelers paradise. Within an hour of Phoenix or less are many many many places to offroad. Just pull off pavement, air down, buckle up...and hold on lol!

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for that offer! This year is Moab, next year is Colorado. Maybe 2017? LOL!

Seriously, thank you very much!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts