Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have recommendations for seat cushions for long days on the trail? I've had 8-hour days on the trail in the California desert, and then had to drive home 4 hours on the freeway. Taxi drivers use those beaded cushions, do any veteran jeepers have some suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I have a lumbar support under my aftermarket seat cover. Basically a small air bag that I can inflate or deflate with a bulb pump.

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Wrangler JK
584 Posts
A bit more than a cushion, I pulled the seats, flipped them upside down and inserted 1/2 plywood strips between the springs and cushions to even the load. When I put them back in, I also added seat warmers (put the wiring in the center console) and cheap seat covers to protect the heaters. Long trips are now a lot more manageable.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I found that adding a dead pedal made a long day on the road & trail much more comfortable.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Anyone have recommendations for seat cushions for long days on the trail? I've had 8-hour days on the trail in the California desert, and then had to drive home 4 hours on the freeway. Taxi drivers use those beaded cushions, do any veteran jeepers have some suggestions? Thanks.
Get you some PRP Suspension seats and you'll find excuses to drive your Jeep!
They will actually make a back ache go away too.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Car
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Window

·
Registered
456 Posts
I found that adding a dead pedal made a long day on the road & trail much more comfortable.
after seeing many talk about them I added one before a trip from wisconsin to florida. not thinking it was a big deal but it was cheap enough so why not. during that trip I got thinking about it and really appreciated it being there.

as for beaded seat cusions I havent had one in a car but I did put them on my motorcycle. helped with airflow to keep my butt cooler for sure and a little movement changed pressure points. so I like them on the bike but never thought about for the jeep or car.

·
Registered
850 Posts
There's some value in being a fat dude. Built in seat cushioning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts