Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be putting 1700 miles on the Jeep in 3 days.

Brake pads, diff fluid, tire rotate, air pressure, tcase fluid, oil change, air filter, bring coolant and oil......

What else should I do to get ready for the road trip?

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
yer driving a JK not a CJ. Heck I used to put on 5000 miles in my YJ in 6 days. You only need to carry fluids if you have a problem which you should have fixed long ago.

·
Registered
96 Posts
yer driving a JK not a CJ. Heck I used to put on 5000 miles in my YJ in 3 days. If you keep it maintained it does it any time.
Jeez what did you do, Go 200 mph and drive cross country?? DAMN lol

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I might be putting 1700 miles on the Jeep in 3 days. Brake pads, diff fluid, tire rotate, air pressure, tcase fluid, oil change, air filter, bring coolant and oil...... What else should I do to get ready for the road trip?
only of all that is due. It is a modern vehicle. Change the oil and go. It's not q fragile, problematic thing that has to be babied in order to make it a few thousand miles.

·
Super Moderator
22,049 Posts
really the only thing you need to do is make sure you have a credit card and cell phone :). check your tire pressure, oil level, fill the washer fluid and hit the road jack.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol, I guess I'm under-estimating its power. Most of that stuff I mentioned will be due anyway. Good to know it shouldn't be a prob even with 160K on it.

I'll actually be relocating to denver from NJ if everything works out.

·
Premium Member
5,669 Posts
I just did 1900 (ATL to Moab) last weekend. Oil was about 3000 away from due, so I drove the 1900, drove all week around SE Utah, and got an oil change here in town on Friday. Other than that, I just looked at all the fluids before leaving and filled up the gas tank. So far so good! :)

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
I just did 1900 (ATL to Moab) last weekend. Oil was about 3000 away from due, so I drove the 1900, drove all week around SE Utah, and got an oil change here in town on Friday. Other than that, I just looked at all the fluids before leaving and filled up the gas tank. So far so good! :)
Big fun...three weeks in Utah....I need some of that real bad! safe trip to ya

·
Registered
335 Posts
Agree.

Make sure fluids are topped off, add gas, check air pressure (and assuming tires are in good shape) and go!

If maintenance is up to date, and you are not leaking I have no issues taking any modern day vehicle on a LONG road trip.

Highway miles are nothing, and probably the easiest mileage accumulated on a vehicle.

I am always intrigued when people question the ability of a modern vehicle to be driven for thousands of miles at a go.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I might be putting 1700 miles on the Jeep in 3 days.

What else should I do to get ready for the road trip?
Names of local 4X4 clubs, trail maps for side trips, camping gear, and maybe ask for more than 3 days.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts