Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :)
I've been admiring wranglers for years and just recently decided I'm ready to get one. I've waited this long so I'm planning to do my research and not rush. We'll see how that goes.
One reason I'm suddenly ready is because Purple Extreme is an option-also my kids are a little older (13 and 14) and I don't feel bad making them climb into the back, so I can get a 2-door. Of course after reading a 2dr vs 4dr thread on here I'm rethinking that.

My first order of business however is to figure out when to purchase. Do I wait until the 2018 comes out with the backup camera (which I really need) and possible better fuel efficiency and who knows what else? But then I risk having to settle for a different color. So do I go ahead and order a 2017 in Purple? The dealer said they can put in my backup camera.

What would you do?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Definitely wouldn't allow the decision to rest on the back up camera. Easy to add later. As for 2 vs 4 door, I think you will find the 4 door much more practical with kids.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Take a look at the 2018 Wrangler..... It didn't work for me so I went out and got 2017 Recon..... If you plan to keep your teenagers.... You need the 4 Dr......

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome form another LI'er. IMO, def go with the 4-door.

I wouldn't buy the first year run of anything. I know it's somewhat of an old wives tale, but I had a 2015 Suburban, then 2016 Silverado, both first run model years, and they were nothing but problems and I had to get rid of them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'd order a purple 4 door.
I wanted a used gecko green for a long time, they are pretty rare. When hypergreen came out
I ordered it. Jeep keeps changing the special colors! so if you like purple get it soon...
If you want a dealer contact from NYC that has very competitive prices send me a PM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts