Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking to trade my Tundra for a while now. Today the lady and I got around to looking a bit closer at some jeeps. One thing I was very strongly considering getting was the 6 speed manual transmission. Unfortunately I am 6'6 and I could not fully release the clutch before my knee hit the steering wheel:banghead:. I had the wheel adjusted all the way up and the seat all the way back.

A quick google search found me this:
Misch 4x4 Products - Misch's BigBoy Brackets for Jeep

Do any of you taller jeepers have any experience with these?

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'm 6'4-5 and don't have any issues with my 6mt. Did you make sure these at was all the way down (I know, stupid questions get stupid answers)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm 6'4-5 and don't have any issues with my 6mt. Did you make sure these at was all the way down (I know, stupid questions get stupid answers)
Yea, I sat there and fiddled with it for a bit and no combination would work for me.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Just to clarify what vacca was saying...the JKs have a separate lever that actually lowers the seat by ratcheting it down one push at a time. Did u find that? The reason I ask is I am 6'2"with 34" inseam and have zero issues with that. I have taller friends with JKs and they don't either. Might b worth another check!
Good luck,
Troy

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to clarify what vacca was saying...the JKs have a separate lever that actually lowers the seat by ratcheting it down one push at a time. Did u find that? The reason I ask is I am 6'2"with 34" inseam and have zero issues with that. I have taller friends with JKs and they don't either. Might b worth another check!
Good luck,
Troy
I did find it, but not on my own, the dealer pointed it out and even lowered it for me. I don't want to give up yet on the 6speed I am going to try again and see if I can work with it.

Thanks for the replies and I will update after round two.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
You must be long in the legs. I'm 6'5" and my head hits my spider web shade. I'm long in the body. I have an auto but I test drove a manual and had no problem with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts