Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 4th Jeep (1st JK) yesterday. It's a 12 Rubicon with the following mods...

2.5 Rock Krawler lift
Bilstein shocks
Fuel Anza 17 x 9 Wheels
Cooper STT 37 x 12.50 x 17 Tires
Aries Aluminum Flat Fenders (powder coated)
Teraflex 1.25 Body lift
Teraflex Monster HD Front trackbar
Teraflex rear trackbar bracket
Teraflex front spring retainers
AEV Drop brackets
AEV Pro Cal
Synergy inner axle sleeve ( plug welded )
Rock Krawler C gussets

I know I want to upgrade the upper and lower control arms but not sure of the long arm is a good idea? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you plan on using the jeep ? Reg arms are enough for most people. Long arms require removal of the factory frame mounts and sometimes welding (some are bolt on)
Great question, I'm in Central FL so no boulders or big rocks, it's a 3rd vehicle but I will drive to work a few days out of the week. I had long travel springs on my 03 Rubicon and liked the flex. Looks like a lot more money and labor for the long travel, Prob not worth it?

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Great question, I'm in Central FL so no boulders or big rocks, it's a 3rd vehicle but I will drive to work a few days out of the week. I had long travel springs on my 03 Rubicon and liked the flex. Looks like a lot more money and labor for the long travel, Prob not worth it?
Mostly in labor.
I agree though. a short arm should work out great on your jeep.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll spend the difference in something else!! Recommend Any brand? Was leaning toward Tera Flex.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Good move IMO.

RK's are solid not beefy. Very heavy arms. Also . , the rear arms are longer to move the axle back 1" + just be aware there's other things you need to do to make it all work. Spring perch relocation or correction wedges, angled bump stops, relocate swaybar back 1" (see X factor kit/instructions)
New pro serous joints which I don't see any negatives like the older joints.
Either RK or any arm with a Currie Johnny joint.
Currie, synergy, evo

·
Vendor
5,579 Posts
If you are running a Rock Krawler lift now, why not just stick with them. Currie JJ arms are nice as well. Rock solid rep for both of them. If you would like pricing on either, and/or the afore mentioned additional items, (thank you kjeeper10) shoot me a PM.

Video of 2.5 X Factor.

Btw, for your terrain and location, do not waste the money on the long arm upgrade. Install instructions!

Have a blessed and prosperous day!

Allen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts