Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious, we are set up for the long range excursion type expeditions and am always looking for new and different ideas on others set ups.. Any one else out there into the long range stuff, and what have you done to your TJ to make it more suitable for those long trips we all love to take ??

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
04ORX said:
What all have you done?
The single best mod I made was my off road trailer, then roof racks, rear racks, 3 Jerry can holders, replaced the rear seat with a home made storage box to carry tools etc, interior saddle bags, 2 power inverters, 2 spare tires, tire repair kit, platinum battery, winch,, hmmmm ,,, BFG KM2s ( 255/85/16s ). Tall skinny tires to keep MPGs reasonable, and BFG KMs of matching size on trailer... All said, we can take enough food and supplies with us to camp / travel for 5 nights, or 400 miles, whichever comes first. Next two mods will be an OME 2.5" HD suspension, and an ARB refrigerator. We are still learning and always keeping our eyes and ears open for any new, different or better ideas .....( a few vids on utube, rubicondon04 )

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
thats pretty sweet. Thats what I want to turn my TJ into but into an "Ok" weekend warrior too. Check Out this LJ Spider LJ - JeepForum.com this guys build is awesome. I like how much attention to detail he put into his build. he was going for that long range expedition ability.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup that is, I didn't even get into our other warrior type mods.. As we do on occasion wheel locally.. 2" BB , 1" body lift, OME steering dampener, warn dif skids, iPhone compatible Sony head unit, cobra CB, PLB, custom built drive shafts, HD, axle u joints ,, etc etc,,, 33s are the largest tires I'll ever go, 3 reasons, cost, 7 tires is a lot of money, they work great with the 4:11s, and I still get 15 mpg, loaded with gear, and 17-18 empty... Not bad for a rubi !! :))

·
Registered
115 Posts
Love it. I like the concept of having it setup for that. I love to camp so it makes sense.
I myself don't ever plan on going bigger then a 33 as well. Just not my style. I'm more about skill and finesse when wheeling. Let alone the extra cost. I'm waiting to install my BB that I have. Shocks just need to get here. I like the racks over the spare. Guess its time to actually plan where I want my build to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts