Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '14 JKU sport, 3.5" lift, 35s, axle back exhaust and I run the superships 91 performance tune. I have had it about 1 1/2 years and just hit 10k miles the other day. This summer I am hitting the road for a trip up the West/left coast. By the time the trip comes I will probably be between 13k and 16k miles on the odometer.

Right before the trip I plan to change the oil and replace the battery. It is an automatic and I would rather just pay for a new battery than carry a jump box with me and replace it on the trip if needed. In this AZ heat, seems like I have had to replace batteries about every two years in past vehicles any way.

Is there anything else I should do prior to the trip to help prevent being stuck on the side of the road or having a breakdown? It will be about 1,700 up, 1,700 back and all the driving I do for about a week while there.

TIA

·
Super Moderator
10,632 Posts
If you do business with America's/Discount Tire, they will be happy to inspect all your tires, and rebalance and rotate them if necessary, free of charge.

I also have a 2014 JKU and recently completed a 4,200 mile road trip to Montana, Idaho, British Columbia, Washington and Oregon. The Jeep had 16,000 miles at the start of the trip, and it worked flawlessly, even in unpredictable weather and road conditions.

On long trips I always carry a First Aid Kit, a warm blanket and a folding shovel in the Jeep; you never know.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a fun trip you had. We will be going from Phoenix to Seaside, OR staying for a fee days then spending the rest of our time on the Olympic Peninsula in WA. MIGHT try to take the ferry over to Victoria, BC but will walk into that.

Thank you for the advice. I just wasn't sure if I should be replacing any belts, etc... At this low of mileage.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'd toss a tire plug kit, a small tool bag with the basics, some zip ties, spare cell phone battery if your phone accepts that, a CB radio is handy, air compressor (even a cheesy one is better than nothing). Map out the trip and give a friend or family member the run down so they will have a trip plan to refer to. Kind of like a float plan when you go offshore fishing. Keep a standard issue emergency road side kit handy. (jumper cables, flash light, flares, etc...)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts