Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 JKUR. Currently running a 2.5" BB. Stock wheels and tires with spacers. 4.10 factory gears.

Plan on 34" - 35's. Stock bumpers until they are wrecked. Weight will be strongly considered moving forward (aluminum) skids and bumpers.

Intended use is road manners suitable for reasonable daily driving and reasonable trail capability. Think 500 mile road trip to run the rubicon.

The goal is quality, dependability and capability.

Here is what is in my cart:

Suspension:
- RK stock mod 2.5 (Coils and track bar)
- Rancho RS9000XL
- RK adjustable front lower arms

I am going for road and trail manners more than flex. Also hoping to eliminate sag from winch. Choose RK for the dual rate springs.

Steering (future):
- yeti tie rod and drag link
- griffin drag link shock.

Upgrade as needed or if needed. Like the no drill install.

Brakes (at first needed brake job):
- TF front big brake kit with calipers
- TF rear big rotor kit with brackets
- TF stainless brake lines (front and rear)
- TF master cylinder

Intent is to offset larger tires and provide more holding power on tricky trail situations. Not sure if the master cylinder upgrade is needed on 2012 and up?

I plan on running one of the hinge reinforcement tire carriers, will research further. As of right now it's TF due to the availability of the Hi-lift accessory mount.

Yes, I've read through the lift threads.

I have owned, lifted and wheeled other jeeps, I get the basics (and a little more).

Reason for posting (other than just casual entertainment) is to get some feedback on alternates and or missed items that may improve on the goal (quality, dependability, capability). With the intent in mind.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Looks like a decent plan. Just a thought considering weight is to stubby the front bumper, and get a winch plate to mount for the stock bumper.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go with the flex system which already includes front lowers. For the steering you have the Yeti tie rod and drag link. Then you said Griffen drag link stock ? Not sure if you know this but SteerSmarts is coming out with a Griffen for the Yeti Drag link.
Good catch. I assumed the griffen would work on the yeti drag link. I'll have to look into compatibility and/or availability of the griffen for the yeti.

I found the stock mod plus individual items to be a little cheaper assuming my already installed rear track bar bracket and longer sway bar links are adequate.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like a decent plan. Just a thought considering weight is to stubby the front bumper, and get a winch plate to mount for the stock bumper.
I installed a winch on the stock bumper using the HR. Not sure (because I never measured) but I think that install dropped my front end a bit.

·
Vendor
739 Posts
Good catch. I assumed the griffen would work on the yeti drag link. I'll have to look into compatibility and/or availability of the griffen for the yeti.

I found the stock mod plus individual items to be a little cheaper assuming my already installed rear track bar bracket and longer sway bar links are adequate.
Trailcrawler; the YETI Griffin will be available this mid summer. The current Griffin will not fit the YETI because it was designed to fit the factory draglink. We needed to design a HD version of the Griffin to Handle the heavy loads that the HD linkage will see. The current YETI will be upgradable to the future HD Griffin.
Ron

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trailcrawler; the YETI Griffin will be available this mid summer. The current Griffin will not fit the YETI because it was designed to fit the factory draglink. We needed to design a HD version of the Griffin to Handle the heavy loads that the HD linkage will see. The current YETI will be upgradable to the future HD Griffin. Ron
Thanks.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I installed a winch on the stock bumper using the HR. Not sure (because I never measured) but I think that install dropped my front end a bit.
Sure it may drop it a bit as you are still adding weight. Just saying you mentioned keeping the stock bumpers, and wanting a winch. Certainly using the stock front, and adding a plate and winch is less weight than adding even a mid or full width aluminum and adding a winch.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I didn't see any skid plates listed. IMO, that should be at the top of your list. It's better & easier to install them now before everything is beat up.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Plan is evolving. Focusing now just on springs.

Considering the EVO 3" plush ride with 9000xl and using Synergy fixed front lowers.

Thoughts?

I am thinking the 3" plush ride should settle in nicely up front with the winch. I don't have any noticeable caster issues with the existing 2.5 spacer, so the synergy arms should be enough to keep me in range and the existing BB links and rear trac bar bracket should carry over adequately.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts