Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm just wondering if I need a longer shock, because I'm unsure of the new lift being taller than the shock is listed for.

I'll be running an RE 4.5SF kit with 3.5" springs. And the shocks I'm considering running are ProComp ES9000's... but the length that they say on ProComps site is 3"-4".... would that be sufficient? Because I'm always hearing that the 3.5" springs usually get you 4" or a little more. :confused: Or would any shock listed for 3-4 inches be enough?

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,852 Posts
I will be the first and last to recommend the N66L and N67L OME shocks.

Who will be between the first and last??

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I'm getting procomps when I buy my 3" FT lift.I heard they ride good for the $$$:D

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
6,852 Posts
sure. Any decent shock manufacturer should have expanded and collapsed lengths available on their website. Have you found said lengths for those shocks? Can you post them here?

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
I will be the first and last to recommend the N66L and N67L OME shocks.
Az, I'll have some of these for sale in a couple of months. How soon do you need to get your shocks?

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Front:
24.7 Extended Length
14.5 Collapsed Length
10.18 Travel Length

Rear:
24.84 Extended Length
14.82 Collapsed Length
10.02 Travel Length

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
6,852 Posts
I know they will measure the same... but will they be long enough?
what I'm trying to help you learn is the benefits of trusting your own eyes. If you are at x" amount of lift and want to go up Y" you can easily figure out whether those shocks will work. Measure the mounting locations at your expected ride height. It is simple arithmetic after that.

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
6,852 Posts
good! This is where I need the :wave: smiley

EDIT: Remember, if you mess up then you only have yourself to blame. That is the reason I do most all my own work! :)

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
6,852 Posts
it is pretty hard to mess up the SYE install. Hardest part is getting the stupid oil pump pickup line to stay put!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts